Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Blog assignment 7 "Andy Goldsworthy Earth Art"

Sidewinder; view from the road by Andy Goldsworthy. Andy Goldsworthy, a non-traditional sculptor, was born in Cheshire, England in 1956 and raised in Yorkshire. Currently, Goldsworthy resides at Penpont, Dumfriesshire, Scotland.
Goldsworthy's art encompasses both ephemeral and permanent characteristics of change. Goldsworthy states: I have become aware of how nature is in a state of change and how that change is the key to understanding. I want my art to be sensitive and alert to changes in material, season and weather. Often I can only follow a train of thought while a particular weather condition persists. When a change comes, the idea must alter or it will, and often does, fail. I am sometimes left stranded by a change in the weather with half-understood feelings that have to travel with me until conditions are right for them to reappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment